#myKYoutdoors Sweepstakes​ Spring is in the air and it is time to get outdoors! Win this great prize package from Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources, sponsored by Plano.

​Elk Hunt Application Deadline is April 30th.  Get it online now!

 How to Buy Licenses and Permits

It is the hunter’s responsibility to know what type of license/permit is needed. When buying a license/permit the hunter’s date of birth and Social Security number must be provided. If you have licensing questions call Kentucky Fish and Wildlife at 1-800- 858-1549, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern time.


Licenses and permits can be purchased throughout the state at various locations, including country stores, some county court clerk offices, local hunting and fishing businesses, and some chain stores that sell outdoor sporting goods. View a list of license agents.


Licenses and permits can be purchased by telephone 24 hours a day, by calling toll-free at 1-877-598-2401. All licenses and permits, except a disability license, elk drawing application and youth licenses and permits, can be purchased by telephone.

Hunters purchasing licenses and permits by phone will be charged a $2.52 fee, and must pay with a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover card, or an e-check. Hunters will be issued an authorization number which serves as the license or permit.

If requested, a paper license or permit (except short-term licenses) will be mailed to the hunter. The paper license must be filled out and signed by the hunter.

The authorization number and a picture ID must be carried in the field while hunting. Both the authorization number and paper license are valid for the license year.


Licenses and permits can also be purchased online here.

Hunters purchasing licenses or permits online must pay with a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover card, or a Kentucky Fish & Wildlife Gift Certificate. Gift Certificates areavailable online only here.

Hunters who buy licenses or permits online will not be mailed a paper license or permit but will receive an authorization number. The authorization number or a computer printout of the license or permit and a picture ID must be carried in the field while hunting.