Want to know more about a specific public hunting area? Dive right in -- Google Earth
combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world's
geographic information on your desktop.
Google Earth is a FREE program that runs on your desktop that gives you access to imagery.
Google Earth is available here
- Fly from space to the hunting area.
- Search for nearby parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions
- Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings
- Save and share your searches and favorites. Even add your own annotations.
We have created a few files that may be opened with Google Earth. To download these files to your computer, with Internet Explorer,
right click on the following links and select "Save target as ..." to save the file to your computer. In Google Earth you may also create a network link to
these files, rather than downloading them, to assure you always have the newest areas.
In Google Earth these files may be opened under the File menu.
- Ky_Public_hunting_areas_entrance.kmz (7 kilobytes) Starting points of the hunting area.
Click on the red stars to get the name, driving directions, and click on the web link to get the public hunting guide information and map for this hunting area.
Updated 3 May, 2013 Use http://fw.ky.gov/kfwis/google/Ky_Public_hunting_areas_entrance.kmz as the Link if you want to link to this file with a Network Link.
- Ky Public Hunting Areas.kmz (3 megabytes) Boundaries of the public hunting areas.
The red lines represent the boundaries of the hunting area.
Updated 3 May, 2013 . Use http://fw.ky.gov/kfwis/google/Ky_Public_Hunting_Area.kmz as the Link if you want to link to this file with a Network Link.
- Ky_Restricted_Hunting_Areas.kmz (330 kilobytes) Areas within the public hunting areas where there is restricted access. Users should view the online map and the hunting guides for details.
Updated 3 May, 2013 . Use http://fw.ky.gov/kfwis/google/Ky_Restricted_Hunting_Areas.kmz as the Link if you want to link to this file with a Network Link.
- FishingAccessSites.kmz (112 kilobytes) Point locations of fishing access sites available from the
Where to fish.
Updated 3 May, 2013 . Use http://fw.ky.gov/kfwis/google/FishingAccessSites.kmz as the Link if you want to link to this file with a Network Link.
- County_Boundary_Polygons.kmz (3 megabytes) Kentucky county boundaries.
Use http://fw.ky.gov/kfwis/google/County_Boundary_Polygons.kmz as the Link if you want to link to this file with a Network Link.
Click here for help on using Google Earth for hunting areas.