KY STATE FAIR –KY Expo Center, Louisville KY
August 15-25, 2019
Come visit the KY Dept. of Fish and Wildlife Booth and check out the new look and added attractions. We are located in the South Wing on Main Street. As always, you will be able to purchase your hunting and fishing license, test your shooting skills at the crosman air rifle range, complete the range day portion of your Hunter Education certification; view our replica fishes of KY. Yes, FISHES because you will be viewing different species. Also, you can help keep Kentucky Wild by joining Kentucky Wild. Special offers on Kentucky Wild gear (New hats, t-shirts, and bandanas, while supplies last) for joining during the Kentucky State Fair.
New and fun attractions to check out:
- Bear Aware – NEW Bear display and fun selfie opportunities.
- Prescribe Burn Truck on display, video and demonstration of fire gear – From Fire Come Life. Lean how fire is used to manage native grasslands across the state.
- Boat Education video and Information.
- Enter Fishing “Mentor to Win” Contest - $1,000 Kayak Prize Package.
- August 16 Drew Deener Show LIVE remote from the Ky. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife booth. 7:00 am – 10:00 am and 3:00 pm -6:00 pm.
- August 17 KY Wild Day - Learn about Kentucky’s role in monarch butterfly conservation and how YOU can help! There will be giveaways and several opportunities to meet department biologists who work daily with wildlife facing threats in our state. Presentation Times- 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.
- August 22 Salato Day - Featuring Live Wildlife from the Salato Wildlife Education Center. Presentation time 12:00 am- 3:00 pm.
- August 22 KY Afield Day - Meet and greet Chad Miles, Host of KY Afield accompanied by the rest of the KY Afield Crew. 4:00 pm – 7:00 PM
State Fair KY Exposition Center Louisville , KY
- Complete the online course at fw.ky.gov prior to attending the fair. Print and bring a copy of your online course completion certification to the Kentucky State Fair and then complete the range portion at the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources booth on Main Street in the South Wing. Online course options are available here: http://fw.ky.gov/Education/Pages/Hunter-Education.aspx (Click on the “Online Courses” tab under “Get Hunter Education Certified”)
Pre-register for the Range Day at State Fair online here:
(Scroll down, find the day you want to attend.
Click on the correct day.
Click the green “Register Now.”
Follow steps as directed.)
Range Day is FREE but you must pay admission to fair and parking to enter.
More info at http://www.kystatefair.org/
Come anytime during the day you registered for.
Range portion will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
For additional information contact Brenda Ward-Hill at Brenda.email@example.com