This is a summary of hunting laws, intended solely for informational use
and is applicable from March - June, 2014
This page is dedicated to turkey hunting but you may download the
Entire 2014 Spring Hunting Guide here
SPRING HUNTING SEASON
Searchable Season Dates application
Daily limit is 6 squirrels; possession limit is 12
Shooting hours are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset. Hunters may be in the field before and after shooting hours.
Hunters may only use the following equipment to take squirrels during the spring season:
- Rifles that shoot rimfire ammunition, or .22-caliber handguns.
- Muzzle-loading or breech-loading shotguns no larger than 10 gauge. Breech-loading shotguns must be plugged to hold a maximim of three shells (two in magazine and one in chamber).
- Lead or non-toxic shot no larger than number 2.
- Muzzle-loading rifles.
- Archery or crossbow equipment.
- Pellets fired from .177, .20, .22 or .25-caliber airguns.
- Dogs may be used to aid in the hunt.
PROHIBITED METHODS OF TAKING SQUIRRELS
- Trapping squirrels during the spring season, or hunting squirrels at any time with slingshots or blowguns is prohibited.