Resident Senior and Disabled Licenses


        The following are eligible to purchase the $5 Senior or Disabled Combination Hunting and Fishing License (which includes the same license and permits as the Resident Sportsman’s License, plus a bonus additional deer permit):

Mail or Fax

To send disability paperwork to the department:

By mail:
KDFWR Disability License
#1 Sportsman's Lane
Frankfort, KY  40601

(502) 564-9845

In Person:
You may bring the documentation in person to the department office in Frankfort at #1 Sportsman's Lane during business hours 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday    

  • Kentucky residents 65 years of age or older.
  • Kentucky residents certified totally and permanently disabled by the Federal Social Security Administration, a state Workers Compensation Board, the Kentucky Teacher Retirement System or the United States Railroad Retirement Board.  
  • Kentucky resident employees of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, declared totally and permanently disabled by a recognized authority.
  • Kentucky resident veterans at least 50% disabled as the result of a service-connected disability.    

Seniors need only show proof of age and residency to purchase this license. Persons with disabilities listed above must first obtain a disability authorization card from Kentucky Fish and Wildlife .

To obtain a disability license authorization card:

If your disability is through the:

Federal Social Security Administration: call the federal social security office at 1-800-772-1213 to request a printout or go to to print one yourself. The printout must show your name, address and social security number. This form must also state that you are disabled and drawing benefits. Local social security offices will not be able to print the letter you need after February, 2014.   Send form to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife. 

Veteran’s Administration: Contact your local VA office and request a letter that verifies you are at least 50% disabled as a result of a service-connected disability. Send letter to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife.

State Worker’s Compensation Board: Request an application from Kentucky Fish and Wildlife, fill it out and send it to the State Worker’s Compensation Board.

United States Railroad Retirement Board: Contact the Board and request a letter stating you are 100% totally and permanently disabled. Send letter to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife.

Kentucky Teacher Retirement System: Contact the Teacher Retirement System and request written documentation stating you are on disability retirement. Send documentation to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife.

United States Office of Personnel Management: Contact the federal Office of Personnel Management and obtain certification of employment and documentation of being 100% disabled. Send documentation to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife.

Once the proper documentation is processed, applicants will receive their authorization card by mail. The authorization card is not a license. It must be presented to the license seller, or the authorization number entered online, at the time of purchase.

License vendors cannot sell a disability license using an expired authorization card.

Senior and Disabled Combination Licenses are valid through the end of February like any other license. If you lose your card, you may contact Kentucky Fish and Wildlife at the above address for a replacement.

How long is a disability authorization card valid?

The disability authorization card is good for 3 years (check the expiration date on your card). Every 3 years , you must provide updated paperwork (following the instructions above) and get a new card. Those who already have a disability authorization card through the Veteran’s Administration, Railroad Retirement Board or Office of Personnel Management may call 1-800-858-1549 to get a new card.