The Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) program holds several workshops in Kentucky throughout the year. These workshops are designed primarily for women and are focused on the learning of outdoors skills - skills usually associated with hunting and fishing, but useful for many outdoor pursuits.
Schedule of Workshops
Annual Fall Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Workshop
September 19-21, 2014
Lake Cumberland Leadership Center, Jabez, KY
Check back here in mid-June or early July when registration forms will be available
This workshop is for you if......
- You have never tried these activities, but have hoped for an opportunity to learn.
- You are a beginner who hopes to improve your skills.
- You know how to do some of these activities, but would like to try your hand at some new ones.
- You are just looking for the camaraderie of like-minded individuals.
Some of the classes lined up are.....
- Basics of Archery
- Basics of Bird Identification
- Basics of Edible Plants
- Basics of Fishing
- Basics of Fly Tying
- Basics of Hunting in KY
- Basics of Pistol Safety
- Basics of Rifle Use and Safety
- Basics of Tree Identification
- Basics of Wild Game Cooking
- Basics of Wildlife ID & Game Tracking
Conducted by the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, League of Kentucky Sportsmen, Department of Parks, Kentucky Commission on Women and the Cooperative Extension Service, University of Kentucky, Kentucky Network of Outdoor Women, and the Ohio Valley Chapter of the Safari Club International.
For more information, contact the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman, 1 Sportsman's Lane, Frankfort, KY 40601; or call 502-564-4336 or 800-858-1549. Click here to e-mail for more information.
To be placed on the BOW mailing list for notification of events or to receive more information,
please call 1-800-858-1549 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Click An Image to View More