The Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) program holds several workshops in Kentucky throughout the year. These workshops are designed primarily for women and are focused on the learning of outdoors skills - skills usually associated with hunting and fishing, but useful for many outdoor pursuits.
2015 marks the 20th year anniversary of the Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Program in Kentucky. Come join the KDFWR at a workshop this year, and find out why thousands of women have already participated in this unique opportunity to learn more about hunting, fishing, boating and wildlife-related adventures in the Bluegrass State!
Schedule of Workshops
Annual Fall Bow Adventure
September 18-20, 2015
Lake Cumberland 4-H Leadership Center, Jabez, KY
The BOW workshops are for you if......
- You have never tried these activities, but have hoped for an opportunity to learn.
- You are a beginner who hopes to improve your skills.
- You know how to do some of these activities, but would like to try your hand at some new ones.
- You are just looking for the camaraderie of like-minded individuals.
Some of the classes held at most workshops are.....
- Basics of Archery
- Basics of Bird Identification
- Basics of Edible Plants
- Basics of Fishing
- Basics of Fly Tying
- Basics of Hunting in KY
- Basics of Pistol Safety
- Basics of Rifle Use and Safety
- Basics of Tree Identification
- Basics of Wild Game Cooking
- Basics of Wildlife ID & Game Tracking
Conducted by the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, League of Kentucky Sportsmen, Department of Parks, Kentucky Commission on Women and the Cooperative Extension Service, and the University of Kentucky.
For more information, contact the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman, 1 Sportsman's Lane, Frankfort, KY 40601; or call 502-564-4336 or 800-858-1549. Click here to e-mail for more information.
To be placed on the BOW mailing list for notification of events or to receive more information,
please call 1-800-858-1549 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Click An Image to View More