Archery season for deer and fall turkey began September 6.  Read the 2014-15 Kentucky Hunting and Trapping Guide before hunting.​

The hunting season for dove and some other migratory birds began September 1.  Read the 2014-15 Dove Hunting Guide before hunting.​

 Nuisance Wildlife

Whether its damage to various agricultural plantings or livestock; yards, gardens, or ornamentals; bats in your attic, or skunks denning under your deck; wildlife conflict occurs and may require professional solutions. 

If you are seeking professional wildlife control assistance, search for a Nuisance Control Operator in your areaPlease note:  Nuisance wildlife control is provided by permitted operators and is not a free service.

If you are a current or prospective Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator, see detailed permit information.

Farmers and landowners who are experiencing depredation of livestock, fish, and crops or property damage by furbearers can go to the Fur Trapper Lookup page. The fur trappers listed here are looking for opportunities to trap coyotes, foxes, river otters, beavers, muskrats, mink, raccoons, opossums, weasels, bobcats, and striped skunks. Through this program, farmers and landowners benefit by solving nuisance problems at no cost, and fur trappers benefit by gaining land access for trapping opportunities. Furbearer trapping season is open from mid-November to the end of February for most furbearers. Fur trappers are private individuals and are not employed by KDFWR.