Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Division of Law Enforcement Boating Safety Equipment Checklist
- Numbers Properly Displayed
- Registration Receipt On Board
- Wearable Life Jacket for Each Person On Board (find a Life-Jacket Loaner Station here)
- Throwable Flotation Device
- Fire Extinguisher
- Horn or Whistle
- Lights (red, green, 360 degree white light)
Fitting Life Jacket
(Click image to enlarge)
For more information contact the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources at 1-800-858-1549.
Find Us on Google & App Store
For useful information about renting a boat for the first time and safety, check out this mobile app from Rental Boat Safety!
At Rentalboatsafety.com you will find instructional videos featuring Power Boats, Jet-Skis, Canoes, Kayaks, and more.