Open Records Request Procedures

​Pursuant to KRS 61.876, Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources Open Records Request Procedures are as follows:

To receive records maintained by and in the custody of the Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources (KDFWR), please complete the Open Records Request form, or submit your request in writing, identifying the specific records sought. Please be sure to provide your name, address, and daytime telephone number in the event we need to contact you. All requests must be signed. A records request of a commercial purpose shall be charged according to KRS 61.874(4). Additionally, per KRS 61.874(4)(b), KDFWR shall require a certified statement from the requestor stating the commercial purpose for which the records shall be used. If applicable, please use this form (Certification of Commercial Purpose Form). If the records you are seeking are owned by another agency, submit your request directly to the specific agency, or we can notify you as to where to properly submit your request.

Submit an Open Records Request to:

Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources
Custodian of Records
1 Sportsman’s Lane
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Fax to: 502-564-0506
Email to: