Click here​ to see the 2018-19 hunting guide. Proposed changes to deer hunting seasons, zones and requirements, however, are pending legislative approval. Bag limits and zones remain the same as the 2017-18 season until 2018-19 regulations are finalized. Learn more by clicking onto this video​. Please check back later this summer for finalized 2018-19 deer hunting seasons, zones and requirements.  To stay updated on the proposed changes Click Here. ​​

Clean Vessel Act Funding

 Kentucky’s Clean Vessel Act Grant Program

 

 

 

The Clean Vessel Act (CVA) was established in 1992 to help reduce pollution from boat sewage discharges.  The grant program provides the Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources (KDFWR) with federal funds to help public and private marinas construct and/or renovate, operate, and maintain pumpout and portable dump stations.  To date, a total of 76 projects have been funded through the program.  The KDFWR has provided $1,481,497.62 in federal funds to construct/maintain boat sewage pumpout stations across the Commonwealth.  These funds have been matched with $493,833.88 from marinas.

 

 
Eligible Activities:  Construction, renovation, operation, and maintenance of pumpout and dump stations, including floating restrooms.  Activities necessary to hold and transport sewage, such as holding tanks, piping, haulage costs, and bleed in facilities are also eligible. 
 
Ineligible Activities:  Activities not providing public benefits, enforcement activities, construction/renovation of upland restroom facilities, construction, renovation, operation, or maintenance of on-site sewage treatment plants such as package treatment plants and septic systems.
 
How to Apply: Applications and proposals are due by August 15 for possible funding in the following year (typically July 1).  The funding process is competitive and selected projects will be funded with 75% Federal monies.  Marinas must provide the remaining 25% match. 
 
Applicants should complete a project application and project proposal, clearing defining the need for pumpout facilities and plans.   The project application along with a sample project proposal are available for download.  Design sketches and project quotes are heavily recommended and can be attached to the project proposal.
 
Submit applications to meagan.huston@ky.gov or mail to Meagan Huston, 1 Sportsman’s Lane, Frankfort, KY 40601.  Once applications have been reviewed marina owners will be contacted for onsite visits.