License and Permit Fees

LICENSE / PERMIT Resident Nonresident
Annual Fishing$23.00$55.00
Joint/Spouses Annual Fishing$42.00Not available
1-Day Fishing$7.00$15.00
3-Year Fishing (Online Only)$55.00Not available
Nonresident 7-Day FishingNot available$35.00
Trout Permit$10.00$10.00
Annual Hunting$27.00$150.00
1-Day Hunting (not valid for deer, elk, turkey or bear)$7.00$25.00
7-Day Hunting (not valid for deer, elk, turkey or bear)Not available$65.00
Annual Youth Hunting (ages 12-15 only)$6.00$10.00
Shooting Area Hunting License $5.00$5.00
Annual Trapping$20.00$130.00
Annual Landowner/Tenant Trapping$10.00Not available
Annual Youth (ages 12-15) Trapping$5.00Not available
Annual Combination Hunting/Fishing$42.00Not available
Sportsman's License* (Includes combination hunting/fishing, statewide deer permit, spring and fall turkey permits, Kentucky migratory bird/waterfowl permit and trout permit.)$95.00Not available
Senior Sportsman's* (Includes same license and permits as Resident Sportsman's License, plus additional deer permits.)$12.00Not available
Disabled Sportsman's* (Includes same license and permits as Resident Sportsman's License, plus additional deer permits.)$12.00Not available
Youth (ages 12-15) Sportsman's License* (Includes youth hunting license, youth deer permit and 2 youth turkey permits.)$30.00Not available
Statewide Deer Permit (four deer)$35.00$185.00
Youth (ages 12-15) Deer Permit (four deer)$10.00$15.00
Additional Deer Permit (two deer)$15.00$15.00
Spring Turkey Permit (statewide) (two turkeys)$30.00$85.00
Youth (ages 12-15) Turkey Permit (one turkey, spring or fall)$10.00$15.00
Fall Turkey Permit (statewide) (four turkeys)$30.00$85.00
Kentucky Migratory Bird/Waterfowl Permit**$15.00$15.00
Federal Duck Stamp** (available at post offices and online )$25.00$25.00
Pheasant Quota Hunt Permit (if drawn)$25.00$25.00
Sandhill Crane Permit (apply for hunt drawing Sept. 1-30)$3.00$3.00
Ballard 1-Day Permit (buy online available Nov. 1 - Feb. 15)$15.00$15.00
Elk Drawing Application (deadline April 30)$10.00$10.00
Youth WMA Elk Drawing (deadline April 30)$10.00$10.00
Quota Bull Elk Permit (if drawn)$100.00$550.00
Quota Cow Elk Permit (if drawn)$60.00$400.00
Quota (Either Sex) Archery/Crossbow permit (if drawn)$100.00$550.00
Youth Elk Permit (if drawn)$30.00$200.00
Out-of-Zone Elk Permit $30.00$400.00
Bear Permit $30.00$250.00
Youth Bear Permit $10.00Not available
Bear Chase Permit $30.00Not available
Youth Bear Chase Permit$10.00Not available
Peabody WMA User Permit$15.00$15.00
Land Between the Lakes (LBL) Hunter User Permit$25.00$25.00
Land Between the Lakes Hunt/Backcountry Camping$75.00$75.00
Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area Admission Fees (per person) (may pay at the gate or purchase online)Daily: $3.00
Annual: $30.00
Children under 12 free
Daily: $3.00
Annual: $30.00
Children under 12 free
Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area Special Activity Fees (per person, for use of horse trails, mountain bike trails and shooting range) (may pay at the gate or purchase online)Daily: $7.00
Annual: $70.00
Daily: $7.00
Annual: $70.00
Temporary Hunter Education Exemption Permit (available online only)Free (for a limited time)Free (for a limited time)
Habitat Improvement & Public Access Donation (voluntary, available online only)Any amount
Kentucky Wild Membership (Includes a membership kit & the opportunity to go out in the field with our biologists!)Membership options range from $25 - $1,000

* Restrictions for Sportsman's License

Peabody, LBL and Otter Creek permits, elk lottery application, elk quota hunt permit, out-of-zone elk permit, bear permit, federal duck stamp and trapping license not included. An additional deer permit is not included with a Sportsman’s License. Kentucky’s license year begins March 1 and continues through the last day of February. New licenses are required annually, except for the 3-year fishing license. A 1-day or 7-day hunting license is valid only for the period shown on license. Resident and nonresident youth under the age of 12 are not required to purchase licenses or permits (except the elk lottery application).

** Federal Duck Stamp Required

A Federal Duck Stamp is required to hunt ducks, geese, rails and gallinules.