Spring Hunting Seasons
Season - May 19 - June 15, 2018
Bag Limit - Daily limit is 6 squirrels; possession limit is 12
Shooting hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. Hunters may be in the field before and after shooting hours.
Legal Spring Squirrel Hunting Equipment
- Rimfire gun or rimfire handgun.
- .410-gauge handgun
- Muzzle-loading or breech-loading shotguns no larger than 10-gauge. Breech-loading shotguns must be plugged to hold a maximum of three shells (two in magazine and one in chamber).
- Lead or non-toxic shot no larger than No.2.
- Muzzle-loading rifles.
- Archery or crossbow equipment.
- Pellets fired from .177, .20, .22 or .25 caliber air guns.
- Slingshots with manufactured hunting ammunition.
- Dogs may be used to aid in the hunt.
Prohibited Methods of Taking Squirrels
- Trapping squirrels during the spring season, or hunting squirrels at any time with slingshots or blowguns is prohibited.