The following are eligible to purchase the Senior or Disabled Combination
Hunting/Fishing license (which includes the same license and permits as the
Resident Sportsman’s License, plus additional deer permits):
Mail or Fax
To send disability paperwork to the department:
KDFWR Disability License
#1 Sportsman's Lane
Frankfort, KY 40601
You may bring the documentation in person to the department office in Frankfort at #1 Sportsman's Lane during business hours 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday
Kentucky residents 65 years of age or older. Seniors need only show proof of age and residency to purchase this license.
- Kentucky residents certified totally and permanently disabled by the Federal Social
Security Administration, a state Workers Compensation Board, the Kentucky Teacher
Retirement System or the United States Railroad Retirement Board.
- Kentucky resident employees of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, declared
totally and permanently disabled by a recognized authority.
- Kentucky resident Veterans at least 50% disabled as the result of a service-connected
Persons with disabilities listed above must first obtain a disability authorization card from Kentucky Fish and Wildlife.
To obtain a disability license authorization card:
If your disability is through the:
Federal Social Security Administration: To request a Benefit Verification Letter (BEVE), you may: (1) go to www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount, (2) call 1-800-772-1213 or (3) contact your local office. To request the BEVE on the Social Security website, choose Create an Account or Sign In. Next, click the Get a Benefit Verification Letter link. Next, select Customize Your Letter. The BEVE should include your name, address, date of birth, proof he/she is receiving disability benefits and indicate that you are disabled. Next, choose Apply to Letter and then Print. If you contact Social Security, please request all of this information to be included on the BEVE. The BEVE will only include the last four digits of your claim number(s). We ask that you write your entire Social Security Number (SSN) on the BEVE before sending it to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife. The full SSN is required in order to process the Hunting/Fishing License application. The BEVE that you send to us should not be over six months old from its date of issue.
- Veteran’s Administration: Contact your local VA office and request
a letter that verifies you are at least 50% disabled as a result of a service-connected
disability. It should also have your current address and your social security number.
- State Worker's Compensation Board: Request an application from KDFWR or print one here, complete it and send it to the State Worker's Compensation Board.
- United States Railroad Retirement Board: Contact the Board and request a letter stating you are permanently and totally disabled and show current address.
- Kentucky Teacher Retirement System: Contact the Teacher Retirement System and request written documentation stating you are on disability retirement and show current address.
- United States Office of Personnel Management: Contact the Federal Office of Personnel Management and obtain certification of employment, obtain certification of being 100% disabled from a recognized authority, and show a current address.
To send disability paperwork to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife:
Mail: KDFWR Disability License
#1 Sportsman's Lane
Frankfort, KY 40601
Fax: (502) 564-9845
Once the proper documentation is processed, applicants will receive their authorization
card by mail. The authorization card is not a license. It must be presented to the
license seller, or the authorization number entered online, at the time of purchase.
License vendors cannot sell a disability license using an expired authorization
Senior/Disabled Combination Licenses are valid through the end of February each year.
If you lose your card or license, you can print a copy of both at https://app.fw.ky.gov/myprofile/.
The disability authorization card is good for 3 years (check the expiration date
on your card). Every 3 years , you must provide updated paperwork (following the
instructions above) and get a new card. Those who already have a disability authorization card through the Veteran’s Administration, Railroad Retirement Board or Office of Personnel Management may call 1-800-310-1873 to get a new card.